Sunday 16 April 2023

Sunny Sunday

Today has been very busy and luckily, the weather has been sunny and dry so we managed to dry some washing on the line and in the conservatory, which was lovely and warm. I was able to get out and give the inside of my Dad's car a good clean, as it certainly needed it! We put the Crit'Air sticker onto the windscreen and dropped some maps and the headlamp converters into the glove compartment. 

I put the new car mats in (they just about fitted!) and after showering and changing (apparently, I looked like a bag lady) Sophie and I went to Kingsthorpe to take the car through the carwash. Next time it needs a clean, I'm definitely going to use the car washing service at Tesco which, for £30, is a bargain. I hate cleaning cars and hate hoovering out the inside more than anything. The hoover kept falling over, I almost tripped over the lead and had to contort myself so I could get to all the nooks and crannies!

Once we'd finished at the garage, we dropped off some Tassimo discs at the Co-op in Moulton and headed home as Sophie had asked Vikesh to come over (I have a feeling my daughter will miss him next week!). He brought Reggie the dog, who explored the house and loved being in the conservatory watching the birds, bless him! Vikesh settled down in an armchair and watched the football with Keith, much to Sophie's dismay who had been planning on a visit to the pub and a half pint of Guinness! They did go out for a walk around the estate but that was the extent of their travels this afternoon! I sat on the sofa in the conservatory and soaked up the sunshine and warmth! 

After Vikesh and Reggie had gone home, Sophie and I played Scrabble and she thrashed me! We sipped delicious cocktails and tried a new one this evening called The Bronx, with Gin, red and white Vermouth, and tropical fruit juice rather than orange. Afterwards, instead of putting the game back in the cupboard, we put it with the stuff we're taking, as we're planning on playing in France! It will be a well-travelled game!

Dinner tonight was a simple corned beef hash with bacon, potatoes and onions, the lovely gravy mopped up with crusty bread. Two more days of work, and that's it for a little while!


No comments: