Thursday 6 April 2023

A frustrating start to Thursday!

My journey to work this morning was not the best! There are two tankers doing something (we have no idea what) at two pumping stations in Walgrave and Holcot, and they regularly travel between the two sites, spewing out mud and goodness knows what else! I managed to get stuck behind one this morning, which was the first obstacle. He churned up the roadside verges making them a sea of mud so my car is now covered in filth! I attempted to overtake at one point, only to see the other tanker making its way towards me!

Once past that, I was then stuck behind the bus that travels up to the A43 from  Holcot (one of the reasons why I've stopped going through the village and to Moulton), and then just before the Holcot roundabout, a lorry was reversing out of the compound! Onto the A43 I was able to make up some lost time, only to have a lorry pull out in front of me! Once past him, I was on my merry way when a bus turned out of a side road of the dual carriageway and then came straight over into the right lane to turn right at a junction! What a start to the day!

But it was to get better... when I walked into the office, Sheila said that our whole computer system was down... she had been up very early and it still wasn't working, probably due to an update last night. She called IT and by 9am it was back up and running, thank goodness. Sara wasn't in today so I had the emails to answer, the moan report to finish and the next tranche of films to input. A busy shift! Angela and Shirley were working today and both of them needed help as well, so the time flew by!

At 2pm I headed home to catch up with jobs that I would normally have done yesterday! Both Sophie and I have tomorrow off so tonight was wine night! Keith wasn't amused, but Sophie is out with Vikesh tomorrow so he can watch whatever sport he wants to watch then!

We had a very simple supper tonight and Sophie and I watched Race Across the World, which isn't really across the world, just Canada. It's a vast country and the people seem to be very hospitable and friendly!

No comments: