Tuesday 7 February 2023

Terrible news stories...

The news today was full of the terrible earthquakes that have struck Turkey and Syria, and as I write, over 9000 people have lost their lives. We are living in horrible times at the moment. The pandemic, the war in Ukraine, and now these earthquakes. 

There is also the terrible disappearance of Nicole Bulley in Lancashire - what has happened to her? As I write, 12 days after she went missing, she still hasn't been found, despite extensive searches of the river. It must be heartbreaking for her family.

All this terrible news makes me appreciate my quiet life, even if it is sometimes mundane!

Work was busy today - we had nine calls in the queue when the phone lines opened - but in the afternoon, when it quietened down a bit, I came off to catch up with the emails, especially as some of them needed answering or a holding reply sent out. The time flew by again and I wrote an email to Sara to bring her up to speed just before I left for the day.

At home, it was lovely to relax and sit with Keith in the kitchen while Sophie cooked again! She made a gorgeous spicy dish - chicken in a black bean sauce with lots of vegetables and served with noodles and prawn crackers. She's having a night off tomorrow and being taken out for dinner. She deserves it!


No comments: