Friday 10 February 2023

Stupid missives!

Work hasn't been too bad today, and although Shirley was working with us, she didn't ask as many questions, which was a relief. There is a fine line between genuinely asking for help, or trying to work it out for yourself, which she needs to start doing now. I had the next tranche of films to put onto the system, which kept me busy before the phone lines opened!

At home, I arrived to find a letter from the council about Mum's care home fees (not my Dad's). Some stupid pen pusher had said that as she had over £23,500 in savings, she would have to pay the care home fees in full. What has she been doing for the past two and a half years then? I immediately called the number on the letter and spoke to an employee, saying that in the next two months, she would be below the threshold, which I thought we were sorting out! This has been going on since the 1st of December! It drives me crazy!

This, of course, made me all riled up, but I tried to relax as it was Friday night, my favourite time of the week! Sophie was going out for a meal with Laura and Daisy to The Four Pears in Little Houghton, so she came home, told me to relax as well, and then went to get ready. 

Keith had made Pan Haggerty (or Panaculty as we call it) a corned beef and potato stew which we enjoyed with cabbage and crusty bread. It's a real Northern dish and is perfect for a winter's night. We enjoyed Death in Paradise after our meal, and Sophie returned at about 11pm, laden with Christmas gifts from Laura and Daisy, lucky thing!

No comments: