Friday 17 February 2023

Friday!

I was heartily glad it was Friday and the last day of the half-term holiday! Shirley was in with us and coped very well. After the first busy hour, it quietened down and I managed to get all the Easter playscheme places onto the system, which was a huge bonus! I didn't think I'd be able to do that this week!

Back home I tidied up and when Sophie returned we opened a bottle of Freeman's Bay Sauvignon Blanc, which was delicious. We still miss our Pinot Gris from Aldi and it hasn't made a return. Perhaps it never will, which is a shame as it was such good value. I am looking forward to stocking up with some Alsace wine in April - they grow Pinot Blanc and Pinot Gris grapes in the area and Colmar, where we're staying, is surrounded by vineyards!

Keith went to the pub as usual and Sophie and I put some potatoes in the oven to bake and settled down to watch a couple of episodes of the World's Most Dangerous Roads. The first programme came from Lesotho, a country I didn't know much about. It was beautiful and very mountainous, though, with some scary roads! The second was brilliant and featured the Old Telegraph Track in northern Australia. Stephen Mangan and a comedienne who I'd previously never heard of, Lara Ricote, both took the wheel on the most terrifying roads I'd ever seen with sheer drops into rivers! Definitely not for the faint-hearted, but both of them coped admirably! I do get very envious seeing these programmes and would love, one day, to compete in a car rally!

No comments: