Saturday 11 February 2023

Sorted!

Initially, I woke up at 6.39am this morning but settled back down for a little snooze... which turned into a long one and I snapped awake at almost 9.30am! Horrendous! Half the day had gone! I flew downstairs and made myself a coffee, amazed that Sophie had woken before me! I hate getting up so late!

After our lazy start, we had a very fruitful day. Sophie put some items (mainly clothes) onto eBay, while I sorted out the large cupboards underneath the worktop by the new window. These cupboards have become a dumping ground, and every time I open the door, things fall out, which is very annoying. I took everything out and then threw a load of stuff out, putting all the books back tidily. We then sorted out our recipe folders as, again, recipes were just shoved in and kept falling out. We had about six or seven Tesco magazines so we went through the recipes and cut out any that we liked the look of.

I am a big fan of Stacey Soloman's Sort Your Life Out, and can't believe how some people can live as they do! It verges on hoarding! I am as guilty as anyone of keeping stuff, but it feels so good to get rid of things you no longer need or want. We put some of our books and DVDs on Ziffit so hopefully, that will add to the savings pot for our next trip to London, when we plan to eat at a lovely French restaurant called Le Relais de Venise L'Entrecote in Marylebone.

Sophie washed her dirty little car in the afternoon and then hoovered the house, bless her. By 4pm the house was cosy and I went to have a bath, falling asleep in the hot sudsy water! I must need to make up a few hours of lost sleep!

By 6pm we were settling down to play Scrabble with a delicious version of a Negroni - Campari, red Vermouth and Prosecco. It was delicious! We ordered a Chinese takeaway tonight, and for the first half hour listened to Bert Bacharach's "This Guy's In Love With You" and then Miles Davis. Very chilled and relaxing!

The meal we ordered was hot and spicy, and after eating, we started watching Luther from the very beginning. Sophie and I have booked to go and see the new film at the Northampton Filmhouse in a few weeks' time so we wanted to watch the series again. Some of the episodes are very scary!

We finished our evening's viewing by watching an excellent programme about the late Bert Bacharach and listening to some of his beautiful songs. A lovely end to a fruitful day!

No comments: