Thursday 9 February 2023

A trying day!

Today has not been one of the best days at work! I had to stop what I was doing and answer calls as Sue left in a flood of tears because her Mum, ill in hospital, had taken a turn for the worse. Shirley was also working with us today and had managed to muck up logging into the phone line so badly that we had to call IT to sort it out...

I felt like I was being pulled in all directions, as Shirley kept asking for help, and I needed to respond to a complaint by 2pm and was having conversations with our centre manager who had asked me to draft a reply. I had tried to make a start on the moan report, but had to abandon that!

At 2pm I flew over to Kettering to collect Mum for her nail appointment, and we drove back to Northampton with plenty of time for her 3pm slot. I left her there and went to the Tesco garage at Weston Favell to get diesel. I wanted to use the ATM there to draw some money out but it was out of action, so I had no option but to go into the centre and use the bank cashpoint there. As I had an hour, I decided to take some time out and have a coffee in the Costa nearby. What a treat! It was lovely to sit for half an hour, drink my coffee, enjoy a chocolate crispy cake, and scroll through my phone in peace and quiet!

I went back to collect Mum and we headed home to pick up some items she needed. Keith came back with me to keep me company and by 5.30pm we were home. Phew! What a day!

No comments: