Saturday 25 February 2023

A quiet afternoon!

I was at work before 9am this morning and asked Keith to drive me in, as parking can sometimes be difficult at the weekend. I was working with Tracey who was unsure about logging onto the internet side of the system as she'd only done it once before. I had to help her log in, Jo came in for a chat (she was doing a class) so the fifteen minutes I had to log myself in and get a coffee, disappeared!

Luckily, Amanda brought us both a hot drink and we started to take phone calls, most of which were swimming bookings, so very easy and straightforward. The five-hour shift passed very quickly and I managed to tackle the customer service emails and process a couple of orders as well. The time flew!

At 2pm Keith came back for me and we returned home. I was looking forward to a quiet afternoon with the newspapers that I hadn't had a chance to read since Tuesday! I made myself a cup of tea, had a bite to eat and settled down in the kitchen with the mound of papers! Keith went to see Sileby play so I turned the television off and enjoyed the peace and quiet!

Before Keith came home I paused the rugby on BBC1 as England were playing Wales, and made sure the house was nice and warm. As usual, he arrived home and said he was frozen! It was bitterly cold outside and I even thought this morning we would see some snow!

While Keith watched the rugby I wrote the blog and enjoyed a drink. Dinner this evening was a Chinese takeaway so no cooking was required. Bliss!


No comments: