Sunday 19 February 2023

Sunny Sunday

Sophie's friend, Laura, came over to see us this morning, and we asked Keith to go to the Co-op at Brixworth to buy pastries for a late breakfast. While they were chatting in the kitchen, I tried to sort out more boxes from the garage. Our previously tidy conservatory now resembles a dumping ground! We have sold some books with Ziffitt and I have a bagful of old clothes to go to a charity shop but I felt like I was taking three steps forward and two back!

The weather has been lovely today with real hints of Spring, but I think it's going to get colder again towards the end of next week. Don't be deceived by the mild temperatures and sunshine! It was lovely and sunny in the conservatory, and I opened the windows to let some fresh air in.

As well as sorting the boxes out, I washed several piles of laundry and actually managed to get some of it on the line to dry! That'll save on the fuel bills!

In the afternoon, after Laura had gone home, we collected Mum and went to the garden centre at Burton Latimer. It's a really funny little place, and very old-fashioned, but it has a certain charm. Sophie and I had a late lunch and a pot of tea, and after we'd eaten we went to see the parrots. They were both being very loud, and we are convinced one of them said bye to us as we walked away!

My Mum spotted a pretty bracelet so I offered to buy it for her for the forthcoming Mother's Day next month, as well as a box of chocolates. We took a leisurely route home through Kettering and before leaving we went up to see Dad and gave him a framed photo of him driving a sports car at Silverstone, taken years ago, I'd had the photo since they moved and I'd printed a new photo out for him this morning and cleaned the frame. He was delighted.

Sophie and I took the scenic route home, and it was wonderful to see banks of beautiful snowdrops on the roadside verges. There seem to be lots this year, and they're everywhere! I wonder if someone has been going around planting bulbs?

Back home, we discovered we'd sold one of Sophie's tops on eBay, but when I went to print out the postage label, I had no ink left! I must have used it all on the photo this morning! In the end, I had to email the label to Sophie so she could print it out at work tomorrow! I am a plonker!

After making lunches and porridge for breakfast, and emptying the dishwasher and the tumble dryer, it was time to relax with a cocktail and a game of Scrabble. I managed to beat Sophie this evening!

Dinner tonight was coq au vin (which I'd prepared this morning) accompanied by a red beauty that Sophie had bought in Woburn!


No comments: