Thursday 2 February 2023

Belated celebrations!

I was kept very busy at work today, making sure I'd completed the monthly reports I have to do, and dealing with all the customer service emails. Shirley was in working and asked many, many questions. It was either Sheila or me who helped and towards the end of the shift, I said to Sara that I wouldn't be able to do this tomorrow, as there was just Kathy and me working and, as she was on annual leave, I'd be doing emails and orders.

She looked very affronted and said she would cancel her holiday, which was silly. She said Sheila would be available to help, but Sheila said she wouldn't have time either, as she was also busy with her own work! I suggested Shirley shadow Kathy and me throughout the shift, but Sara wasn't keen so I left at 2pm without knowing what would happen tomorrow.

Back home I felt shattered as I'd had a bad night's sleep, so I have to confess to taking a nap, something I felt guilty about, but Mike was due home later, with Abbie, and I was cooking his favourite meal! They walked in at just after 5pm and we had a great chat in the kitchen. Sophie came home from work and when she'd changed I poured a glass of wine for each of us girls and we toasted Mike's birthday. 

The wine I'd chosen, a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, was not pleasant and smelt of cats' pee and sweaty armpits! It seems that our favourite wine from Aldi, the Pinot Gris from the same vineyard, has been discontinued, which is a huge shame. We won't be drinking the Sauvignon Blanc again, and we switched to a lovely Viognier instead.

I had marinated the chicken last night, so I popped it into the oven and prepared the sauce. We ate in the conservatory tonight, and luckily, it was warm! The meal went down very well, and after we'd eaten I lit the Happy Birthday candle on Mike's cake, and we all sang to him!

No comments: