Friday 24 February 2023

A somewhat trying Friday!

I said a fond farewell to Sophie this morning and went off to work hoping she'd have a great weekend away. 

Work was a bit hectic this morning, as I helped Sara with follow-ups to the emails we received yesterday. Sheila was a bit upset first thing; I think she's doing too much and the printer jammed up, sending her over the edge, bless her. She was due to work tomorrow so I offered to go in instead. Sophie is away, and I have nothing planned so I was quite happy to work an extra shift. At least it's only five hours! A breeze!

Work carried on being a bit stressful with Shirley having to ask questions for almost every phone call. Sara had asked her to go to her for help, as Kathy was suffering from a bad back and it hurt her to keep turning around, but she asked lots of questions and directed them to both of us. With the emails and my own phone calls, I felt like I was going mad! What annoyed me slightly was that some of the queries were easy to work out, such as a squash court booking!

It was a huge relief to leave at 4pm and head home. Keith was off to the pub so I had a soak in the bath (it's been a very cold evening) and then I poured myself a glass of wine and caught up with the writing of the blog. The days go by so fast!

I missed my wine buddy, but I'm looking forward to lunch out and Luther on Sunday! Bring it on!

No comments: