Saturday 9 April 2022

Planning ahead...

Today has been mostly spent doing very little, which I do feel guilty about!

Mike came in at 4am this morning, apparently... I didn't hear him come in but we gave him the front door key to make it easier for him! The new back door has two locks and I had visions of him forgetting to lock it after him!

He was in and out of the house all day, catching up with friends and mooching about looking for food to eat! Some things just don't change! It's been sunny and dry today, but there was a chilly wind that cooled everything down. Next week is set to be a little warmer, thank goodness!

We had the remaining pastries for breakfast and watched Saturday Morning Kitchen in its entirety, something we don't do very often. The actress Amanda Abbington was on the show to promote a new play at a theatre in Chichester called The Unfriend, and it sounded so good I booked tickets for Sophie and me to go in June. We now have quite a few things to look forward to in the next few months - another trip to London on the 20 April, going to the theatre in June, and tickets to see the Tower of London in bloom on the 9 July. Sophie is also going to Wimbledon again this year with Zain, plus they're going to a cricket match as well!

Keith went to see Sileby play in the afternoon and Sophie painted my nails for me, which was lovely. He texted me to say that hardly anyone had turned up to watch the game, and when it went to 1-5 he came home early! Perhaps the other fans had had a premonition that Sileby would lose!

Sophie and I had our usual game of Scrabble in the evening, accompanied by glasses of Aperol Spritz. We were both astonished to discover that the Aperol was only 11%... weaker than most wine! Next time I think we'll buy a bottle of Campari!

Keith cooked a delicious chicken curry for dinner and Mike joined us, so we sat in the conservatory which was a pleasant change. Now that the evenings are lighter and it's getting warmer, we will sit in there more often.

Abbie came to stay the night and Keith and I started watching Saving Private Ryan, but we were both too tired to see it all the way through!

No comments: