Tuesday 19 April 2022

A cakey treat!

Both Sophie and I were back at work and up at 6am. At least we have tomorrow off, which is something to look forward to, and a bit of a lie-in!

I found out that Maureen, my lovely cook from our old business was shadowing me today as part of her new role at work. She had specifically asked to be with me and had made a delicious chocolate and orange cake, bless her! She stayed with me for the whole shift and was amazed at what we have to do in between phone calls. She was particularly amazed at the orders we have to process as she does them all for the children's play area, which used to be my job!

She was also surprised at how noisy it was in the office and how difficult it was to sometimes hear the customers or understand them. All part of the job!

At 4pm I sped home and pootled about with Keith. He had very kindly been to the post office today and had sent off our packages for us. He is a good bean!

Sophie cooked a Jalfrezi curry this evening with the last of the turkey and it was deliciously hot and spicy. Afterwards, we watched Masterchef and then a new show called The Simple Life about a group of diverse people who were living the way of the Amish for the summer. Of course, there were a couple of people doing it that really should have stayed at home, but we were expecting that. We both enjoyed the show, so it looks like that's another to add to the list!

No comments: