Monday 11 April 2022

A somewhat trying day...

Although we were busy first thing at work, it wasn't as bad as I feared, seeing as it was the Easter holidays. We had a mad rush of calls in the first hour and then it quietened down a bit. Unfortunately, I had an angry customer on the phone who was very rude, but I managed to stay calm and give him another number to call about his membership. It did unsettle me slightly, though, and I sincerely hoped he wouldn't call back! We often joke about having a kind of rogues' gallery with the names of the people who are rude, and I don't think it would be a bad idea!

After work, I popped to the post office in Whitehills to post an eBay item that we'd sold, and to send back a top for Sophie. I had to go into the convenience store next door to the post office and somehow print off a label, which took me quite a time to do, and left me feeling a little stressed!

On the journey home I managed to get behind a very slow driver who seemed blissfully unaware that anyone else was on the road, and that we might not like to drive at such slow speeds... She overtook a cyclist and took forever to pull back in, oblivious to the queue behind her who were also trying to get past the bike! I followed her all the way from Brixworth to our estate so she's a neighbour! Grrr!

It was lovely to finally relax and have a peaceful evening!

No comments: