Tuesday 12 April 2022

Oil crisis!

Work was far busier this morning, for some reason, and the phones went mad! It was great to finish at 4pm and look forward to a day off tomorrow!

When I finished, I had to go and find some diesel for my car. We are having problems with supplies at the moment because of protestors blocking oil refineries, and I'd had trouble getting any at the weekend. I went to the garage near Tesco but it looked like they had no diesel, so I went to the Shell garage on the A43. They had some, but the prices are so high these days! Diesel is about £1.76 a litre, so putting in about £40 as I regularly do, does not make much of an impact on my tank! We are living in a time of extremely high prices, and inflation has risen to its highest level in decades.

Whilst at the garage I decided to get my car washed so it was almost 5pm by the time I arrived home. Sophie left at 5pm and I told her there was petrol available at the Shell garage. She had called in on her way home yesterday to find the pumps empty!


No comments: