Sunday 10 April 2022

Dubious purchases!

It's been another gorgeous day today with sunshine and blue skies. Mike and Abbie were already up when I came down this morning and we stood and chatted in the kitchen. Mike's cough was no better, and we both said that he really should use his inhaler as we believe he has seasonal asthma. He's so stubborn, though! They left mid-morning after I washed his laundry for him - I do like to see him have lovely clean clothes!

After they'd gone we pottered about and caught up with lots of jobs. Sophie now seems to take over the housework duties on a Sunday morning and makes the house look beautiful! 

At 2pm Sophie and I collected Mum and popped to Tesco so she could get some shopping. I don't need to take a test anymore to see her, but I took one anyway, just in case, and it was negative. Keith still feels quite rough with the aftermath of Covid and I'm stuffed up with a cough, but I think we've been lucky!

In Tesco, Mum bought some toiletries, and then we headed to Bosworth's garden centre for a cup of tea and cake. Sophie wasn't keen for some reason, but it was better than the other place in Burton Latimer! We sat and enjoyed hot drinks and cakes and then had a good mooch about, smelling all the scented candles and wax melts and watching a video for a "squidgy thing" that I ended up buying for £2.99. It had various uses, such as being used as an oven glove and getting rid of pet hairs and fluff!

I didn't buy any plants today as I'd rather wait until I can get some summer bedding in later in the Spring. There's still a chance of frosts, but hopefully no snow! We took Mum back and returned home via the scenic route, which was lovely. The countryside is looking so beautiful at the moment.

Back home it was time for Scrabble and a delicious beef dinner! It's Monday tomorrow, but we're looking at a short week. Hooray!

No comments: