Thursday 14 April 2022

A decision reversed!

I was at work at 8am this morning but facing an early finish, and then a break until next Monday! I had plenty of work to do, including putting a new tranche of films onto the system as well as the May playscheme places. Customers had already been enquiring about when they could book them!

At 2pm I sped home and Keith and I discussed the window situation. I felt like yesterday we had made a  big mistake and I hadn't even checked any reviews! Anglian Windows have been around since 1966 and are a large company which is why I trusted them.

However, when I Googled reviews about them, I was horrified. A lot of people had paid deposits and had been left waiting for months for the work to be done, others had been subjected to the same sales pitch as we had - an inflated first price and then reductions for "offers". Too many people said the work had been unacceptable with poor after-sales care, so we both decided to cancel. We had seven days to cancel so we emailed immediately, and informed them that we no longer wished to go ahead with the work. Keith called his bank and they said that if we hadn't received a refund within 14 days to open up a dispute with them.

I am still amazed that Keith and I decided to go ahead yesterday, without checking first or talking to Sophie. The salesman was very smooth and friendly, but there were several things that rang alarm bells and I ignored them! We think we'll go with a local, small company and make sure we check those reviews first in future!

It was lovely to relax this evening and look forward to three days off work. We had a simple dinner and then sat and enjoyed Masterchef. Bliss!

No comments: