Friday 8 April 2022

A new eaterie!

I  had expected to feel tired this morning, because of our late night and early start today. However, I felt a lot better and managed to write out the shopping list before getting a shower! This helped Keith as he was going over to Aldi and Tesco later this morning to do our weekly shop.

I left both men in bed and went to work, where I had a pleasant shift with Denise. She had had covid at the same time as me and, was still feeling out of sorts as well. The phones were busy, but not terribly so, and I managed to get a lot of things done in between calls. I was very glad it was Friday, though, and I was looking forward to Wine Night with Sophie and not having to drive Keith to the pub, as he had decided not to go.

With our glasses of wine, we watched Stanley Tucci's new food show, Searching for Italy. It was bliss to see Italy in all its glory and hear the gorgeous language. If we can't travel easily at the moment, this is the next best thing!

At about 7pm we heard that a new fish and chip van had arrived on our estate. Hopefully, it will be coming every Friday and touring the surrounding villages, stopping on our estate for about half an hour. What a lovely idea! It will be great to try it next Friday when it's Good Friday and we always have fish and chips.

We had forgotten it was coming so tonight's dinner was baked potatoes and salad. Mike had already eaten his lasagne and had gone out with some friends, so it was just the three of us as usual. Bring on the weekend!

No comments: