Friday 15 April 2022

A Good Friday!

It was lovely to wake up this morning and look forward to three days off. And the weather was forecast to be beautiful as well! A perfect Easter bank holiday weekend!

Sophie was meeting Zain in Olney at lunchtime so she set off looking her summery best, with a gorgeous dress and lovely tanned legs. I saw her off and then Keith and I drove over to the care home to take my Mum some bits she needed. Yesterday my 2014 blog book had arrived and I'd promised her she could have it to read over the weekend.

Today has been spent pottering about which was perfect. Apart from going to Kettering, we didn't go anywhere and it was bliss to sit in the sunny conservatory and watch the birds. At some point, over the weekend, I'm going to mow the lawn and tidy up the garden, but there's plenty of time!

The weather continued to be beautiful today with temperatures in the high teens and unbroken blue skies and sunshine. Sophie returned home and had had a lovely time with Zain, as well as a delicious meal at one of the pubs in Olney.

Keith and I had decided to have fish and chips in the evening, from the new van that now visits the villages. Keith took himself off to the pub as he wasn't going to be long and Sophie and I settled down to watch Stanley Tucci. I can't fail to be happy when this lovely programme is on, and I love hearing the Italian language which is so melodic! The sights of Italy are gorgeous and everyone looks like they're having a wonderful time!

The van arrived about an hour earlier than they had posted on their Facebook page, and my lovely daughter walked down to the end of the road to collect our dinner. I'd phoned and ordered it earlier today and she returned with a full bag. As she was still full from her lunch she wasn't going to eat with us, and I called Keith to say that the food was in the oven keeping warm.

The meal was very good indeed, and the fish delicious and crispy. We won't be having it every week (£22 for the two of us) but it'll be great to be able to enjoy hot fish and chips every now and then delivered almost to our door!




No comments: