Saturday 2 April 2022

Out for lunch

My covid test was clearly negative this morning so that's it... I survived, thank goodness, with really very mild symptoms. I am just so glad I was vaccinated and glad that Keith has been jabbed as well, as he seems to be on the mend.

It's been another day of sunshine and wintry showers with a chilly wind. Sophie and I ventured over to Market Harborough at lunchtime, and before having something to eat in Pizza Express, we collected my wedding and engagement rings from the jewellers opposite. They were all sparkly clean and looked lovely. It's great to have them back on my finger!

Lunch was great, and we used some money we have in Paypal to settle the bill. This money was intended for a slap-up dinner in Wimereux for Sophie's birthday. but we've decided to use it for enjoyable meals and outings over the next few months instead.

After we'd eaten we had a quick look in Waterstones and I took pics of some books I'd like to read. I also looked at a book on learning to draw as this is something I'd love to do. We popped into Tesco to buy a loaf of crusty bread to go with tonight's meal, and before going home, Sophie had a quick look in The Attic and picked out two lovely dresses, costing £15 for the two! A bargain!

We took the scenic route home and then relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. I managed a nap on my bed and at 6pm it was time for Prosecco and Scrabble. Even though it was Sophie's birthday weekend I beat her soundly!

Keith had prepared a big casserole dish of Pan Haggerty (corned beef, potatoes and onions) which was absolutely delicious served with some crusty bread to mop up the juices, and a glass of red!

No comments: