Sunday 22 August 2021

Sunday brunch

Sophie was having another sociable event today - meeting her old friends from when she worked at our indoor play area. She had arranged to meet them at Lago Lounge at Rushden Lakes and asked if we could take her over. I agreed and said that I would buy her some nibbles in M&S as Laura was coming over this afternoon as well!

We dropped Sophie off, and Keith and I decided to have breakfast as well. We went to Bill's, which was busy with people enjoying the lovely food. We went for the Traditional option - eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato and toast. I love having breakfast out and today didn't disappoint!

We finished breakfast at 11am and Keith drove me down to M&S where people were already waiting to go in. I bought lots of delicious food for Sophie and Laura and a bottle of white wine for later. I got back into the car where Keith was waiting, and we drove back up to the restaurant to collect Sophie. 

Time was very tight, and we just about managed to pop to Aldi in Kettering where Keith bought some shopping, and I went to Argos to collect a bread bin and a chopping board that I'd ordered yesterday. I'd used all my Nectar points to buy them so they only cost me £10!

Back home we had a very quick tidy-up and Laura arrived. She said the kitchen was amazing and kept walking around with her mouth open! This is the kind of reaction I like! It is a dramatic transformation from our old kitchen!

Laura and Sophie sat at the island all afternoon, and Keith and I went to the tip in Brixworth with the rubbish and popped to get my car washed as it was filthy. There had been no point in washing it before because the dust still flying about would have made it dirty again!

I spent the afternoon sweeping the driveway and tidying up the front garden, strimming the verge, weeding and turning over the soil. We'd had a lot of rain last night so it was lovely to dig it over. The weather had improved a bit and when the sun was out it was very hot!

Keith cooked a roast chicken for dinner this evening and did an excellent job with a strange hob and oven!






No comments: