Friday 13 August 2021

So glad it's Friday!

Day 17 of kitchen renovation.

It was Mike's last day at work today, so another era has come to an end. He is still looking for a job in Southampton, but doesn't seem worried! He can be so laid back!

Before I left for work this morning I asked Tom, the kitchen fitter, to please, please connect the washing machine so we could get our huge pile of laundry washed this weekend! He promised he would!

Work was fine today, and the time passed quickly. I sped home at 4pm to see what progress had been made, and I was delighted with the worktops, which although not finished, were in place. It now means we have some surfaces in the kitchen!



The window had been tidied up and Jordan, the plasterer, had also plastered the new cupboard in the hallway.

Mike was off to spend the weekend with Abbie so Keith and I dropped him off in town, and returned home to find Sophie was back from work. She was pleased with the progress as well!

We used the oven for the first time tonight, cooking some jacket potatoes, and they turned out really well! It was a lovely, simple meal to end the week on and I think all of us are heartily glad it's Friday and we'll have no builders coming in at 8am tomorrow. I am hoping for a lie-in!


No comments: