Monday 9 August 2021

I flip!

Day 13 of kitchen renovation.

All of the kitchen cabinets arrived this morning, just as I was about to leave for work, so I had to take Dad'd car as the van was blocking the driveway. It was all very exciting! 

Work today has been horrendous, and even though there were three of us on the phones, there was no time at all in between calls to do anything. I had the box office returns to do from Friday and the weekend, and there was just no way I could do them. All three of us were completely fed up, so half an hour before we were due to go home I asked Sara if I could have a word, and it all spilled out!

Luckily, she understood completely (she'd been working yesterday on the phones and it was manic), so to cut a long story short, I've been given an extra six hours this week to deal with the cinema work and then do anything else to help. I did say that I was doing Stella's job almost completely, and she used to come in at 8.30am and finish at 1.30pm, so it wasn't really fair that I was expected to do all that in between sometimes long and complicated phone calls. Sara is very understanding, but I think she knew how fed up we were, and could detect real rumblings of discontent. It doesn't help that several staff are still languishing on furlough!

Back home, I was delighted to see that progress had been made and some of the cupboards were in place:


It's still a mess, though!



The previously large and empty space was now full of boxes, and there seems to be an awful lot of them!

For dinner this evening we enjoyed beef casserole (finally!). My dumplings were lovely cooked in the little oven and it was the perfect night for a hearty meal as it was pouring with rain outside and thunder was rubbing all around!


No comments: