Monday 16 August 2021

Nearly there!

Day 20 of kitchen renovation.

The morning started out drizzly and miserable, typical since I'd hung a load of washing out on the line! I arrived at work half an hour before the phones were switched on so I could get ahead with the cinema box office returns. Attendance was disappointing again over the weekend, which was a bit worrying.

Work was busy, but nowhere near as bad as last Monday, thank goodness. At least I had time in between calls to get things done. Outside I saw showers of rain on a couple of occasions, and when I walked to the car I noticed how cool it was. We've not really had a lovely hot summer this year!

At home, I was delighted with today's progress. The tiling had been started and the two floor to ceiling cupboards had been installed. It is quite strange seeing what was once a design on paper, being brought to life!

I love the different tiles making up the splashback behind the cooker

We now have so much storage!




Jordan was still working and we said we'd have the patterned tiles on the boxed-in part of the walls as well to break up the grey. We realised today we have bought far too many grey subway tiles, so we might use them in what's going to be our little laundry room!

I spent an hour cleaning again and swept the drive a little bit as the mess is really bad! Dinner this evening was easy and the three of us sat in the kitchen until 7pm chatting about what we'd done to the room and how pleased we were with the progress so far.

I watered the garden after dinner and realised I'd been neglecting it over the last couple of weeks. Once the kitchen work is done, I will go out and make amends!

No comments: