Wednesday 25 August 2021

Eating at The Hare

Our aim today was to sort out the poor conservatory which has been used as a kitchen/dumping ground for the last few weeks! We had to make room for the computer table, and before we moved any furniture, I gave the place a good clean. I don't think I have ever seen so many dead flies!

Keith helped, and mid-way through the morning, he made me a sausage sandwich to keep me going. I was just glad it wasn't too hot! August has been very disappointing in terms of the weather... most days have been overcast and grey, and today was no exception.


I finished the conservatory much more quickly than I had imagined. We've now set the printer up, so we don't have to get it out of a cupboard each time we use it!

Once the conservatory was cleaned, I moved onto the rest of the downstairs rooms and mopped the kitchen floor. It came up beautifully when I'd finished, which was a relief as, when it was first down, I was worried it would show every mark!

Keith and Mike were outside trimming some of the bushes that were overhanging on our side of the garden. Sadly, Sarah and Liam haven't yet done anything with the Silver Birch on the other side of the fence. It is way too tall and really should have been pruned and maintained every couple of years, rather than let it get to the height it is now, which is taller than our house.

At 2pm I drove over to the care home to take Mum to see Avery Park again. We had to do another lateral flow test (I had already taken one at 1pm), and we came to the decision that Mum would be best sharing a companion room with Dad. I am worried she won't eat properly or take her medication on time if she lives in an apartment on her own, and she agreed. I was also worried a little concerned about security, and if she wakes up in the night feeling anxious.

We had another good look around, spoke to the manager, and said they would like the rooms on the ground floor when they become available. From there we went back to my house and had a cup of tea in the conservatory. Mum was delighted with the kitchen, and how lovely it looked!

Keith had taken Mike to Abbie's earlier, and when Sophie came home he suggested we go out to eat. We tried The Royal Oak first but they were busy, which was great news! We could eat straightaway, at about 6.45pm or wait until 8.30pm. Neither option was good, so we drove to The Hare at Loddington. We had visited the pub before for drinks, so it was new to us to have a meal there.

We were shown to a table, and we sat in splendid isolation all evening, but that was fine with us! We chose garlic bread to start (underwhelming), and steak pie, chicken forestiere and fish and chips for our main courses. It was me who chose fish and chips for a change! The food was very good, and Sophie and I even found room for puds - apple pie and custard, and a white chocolate and raspberry roulade.

Stuffed, we made our way home afterwards on quiet country roads, and collapsed on the sofa!



No comments: