Tuesday 10 August 2021

Craving peace and quiet!

Day 14 of kitchen renovation.

Work was busy today, but thankfully not as bad as yesterday, and we did get some gaps in between calls. I was in half an hour before the phones were switched on, as I'd been to the garage to get a coffee and a pastry. This is going to have to stop!

When I arrived home there didn't seem to be much of a change, but the water pipes for the sink and appliances had been sorted out, and another couple of cupboards installed. There is only one man, Tom, working on the kitchen at the moment, which does surprise me. I had imagined there'd be a team installing everything.

Keith had prepared chicken curry for dinner, and it smelt delicious! We certainly haven't skimped on meals this week, and tomorrow, as the weather is set to be good, we're going to barbecue. We attempted to sit out in the garden this evening as the sun was shining, but the boy next door immediately began to kick a football around, so we all retired to the living room!

I know there are people far worse off than us, but I really feel like I could do with a holiday at the moment, or even a change of scene! It's our 29th wedding anniversary on Sunday, and I've suggested a day out somewhere, just to get away from the mess and chaos! While Keith was cooking we watched an episode of The World's Most Extraordinary Houses, which was a mistake as they were all outstandingly gorgeous and looked like havens of peace and quiet, something I could do with at the moment!

No comments: