Monday 2 August 2021

Quiet Monday.

Day 6 of kitchen renovation.

Today has been quiet and uneventful. We haven't had any work done to the kitchen - the plasterers are due on Wednesday, so nothing has changed.

Work wasn't as bad as I feared and it helped that four of us were answering the phones. I managed to do the box office returns in between phone calls, but tomorrow I need to put on the next week of films. On the way home I drove through a torrential downpour, but it was as dry as a bone in Walgrave! How weird!

Keith and I played cards in the conservatory in the evening, and we all enjoyed a cooked chicken and salad for dinner. Tomorrow we're having Chilli con Carne, and I for one will be glad to skip salad for one night! We're coping well, and although it's a pain having to do the washing up in a tiny bowl balanced on a paste table, it's not as bad as we expected!

No comments: