Wednesday 11 August 2021

Heat and dust

Day 15 of kitchen renovation.

I think today has been the worst day in terms of noise and dust, as a builder arrived this morning to cut out the new window in the wall overlooking the gravel garden. Keith, at one point, went into the living room and said it looked like it was full of smoke as the dust was so bad! And the noise! It shook the whole house!

However, it looked fabulous (well, it will do!):


I spent five hours doing three washes as we haven't been able to use the washing machine since Sunday, and the laundry was piling up. We took the twin tub into the bathroom and used the plentiful hot water supply from there, rather than staggering up the drive and into the garage with buckets! I also changed our bedding, which Keith said was silly, but I wanted fresh clean sheets on the bed!

I had an appointment to see my parents at 3pm in the garden room because today is my Dad's birthday. Although pleased with the gifts we'd bought him, he was grumpy and cantankerous, the argument of a few weeks ago still on his mind, so it wasn't the most successful of visits. When it was time to go I couldn't get out of the garden so I wasn't in the best of moods!

Back home, I was delighted with the progress made today:






The island is in place, and most of the electrics has been done, including the lights in the cupboards where we're going to display our glasses, the pendant lights, and the under-cupboard lights. When Sophie arrived home she was stunned by the lights in the cupboard - apparently, you can play around with the colours by installing an app!

Keith barbecued in the evening and the food was delicious! We had very smoky frankfurters and marinated chicken with roasted vegetables and cous cous. Yum!





No comments: