Thursday 14 May 2020

New babies!

Day 52

The weather has been a bit better today after a lot of cloud and chilly temperatures yesterday. I mooched about a bit this morning, looking at different types of care for my parents, but then went out into the garden to mow the lawn.

I have left a small area of grass alone so that the wild flowers can grow - we have daisies and dandelions in the lawn - but I did dig up a couple of weeds and I'll put some grass seed down when I can get to a garden centre.

We also have a blackbird visiting the garden with his two babies - I say babies, but they are actually bigger than him and keep begging to be fed! They love standing on the side of our water bowl and having a good drink! I haven't seen that many starlings yet, certainly not in great numbers like we've had in the past, but there's still time!

Most of my time today has been put into researching various types of care on offer for my parents and I long to get it sorted out and them happy. I'm hoping that in six months or so we can look back on this period and see it as just a blip. I'm really hoping so.

No comments: