Sunday 3 May 2020

Quiet Sunday

Day 41

Today has been a cloudy, overcast today with little sunshine, so a bit different to what I was expecting, weather-wise!

Sophie and I popped over to Mum's first thing and took her a newspaper. We made sure she had some breakfast and then returned home where I changed our bedding before having something to eat. Sophie prepped all the vegetables for dinner and hoovered downstairs, bless her! Next week I am hoping I will be able to get some more done in the house and maybe even paint a couple of exterior doors. The weather is set to be good again!

At lunchtime we all drove over to Mum's and I made sure she took her midday medication and we sat and had a chat. Mum was a bit quiet but I suggested she watch something good on the television. It was the kind of day to curl up on the sofa and relax.

We took a bit of an extended, scenic route home and then had lunch from yesterday evening's meal. I fried the leftover potatoes and we enjoyed ham, cheese and crusty bread. Delicious! The countryside is looking truly beautiful at the moment and I love the month of May.

At 4pm Sophie had a videochat with Daisy and Laura and it was great to hear her giggling and relaxing with her friends. She came with me at about 6pm to see Mum for the last time today and she was a bit brighter. I am keeping everything crossed that tomorrow will be OK.

Back home we enjoyed a drink and decided not to have the paella tonight for dinner as we were all still full from lunch! 

No comments: