Thursday 21 May 2020

Country noises!

Day 59

The weeks are flying by and it's hard to believe it's Thursday - shopping day - again! Keith went off armed with the list and I caught up with some jobs at home. Mum phoned me to say that a cheque had arrived for them, the refund of the money they'd paid to The Hawthorns, so Keith and I drove over to collect it so we could pay it into the bank.

We had to queue for ages at the bank but then that's nothing new! Afterwards we called into the garage at Moulton as my car badly needed a good wash. It was the first time in ages I'd actually been inside the shop and what a difference to my last visit there when I was treated like a leper, the morning after Boris Johnson had announced we were all going to go into lockdown! Today, the staff were pleasant and friendly and it was back to the place I used to visit regularly!

It was great to get my dusty car washed and we headed home for lunch - more leftovers from yesterday's picnic. It's been another warm and sunny day today and Sophie was finding it quite difficult to work in our conservatory, both with the warmth and the sun coming in through the windows. The starling babies have also arrived and they were making a right racket outside so she resorted to wearing her noise cancelling headphones!

I managed to clean downstairs and Keith did a load of shredding so we could get it into the recycling bins for tomorrow. Friday has come around again very quickly and it's a Bank Holiday weekend!

We played cards in the conservatory in the evening (well, Mike, Keith and I did) and discussed holidays. We were tentatively planning on going to Palma between Christmas and New Year but we're still unsure of what might happen with the coronavirus. We are still very much hoping that we'll be able to go to France in September when we were forced to re-book, but only time will tell.

As we were settling down for the night, Sophie came into our bedroom to say there was a weird noise outside. I listened at her window and we think it was a fox barking outside in the fields. It could be mating season at the moment - if that's the case, any foxes within a fifty mile radius would have heard it!

No comments: