Tuesday 5 May 2020

Running errands!

Day 43

I realised, during the night, that all of Dad's medication was at their home so this morning Keith and I went over, collected one box and drove to the care home. I also had his phone, which he had been clutching in his hand yesterday, so I took that as well. Keith and I managed to top up the credit on it so he can now make calls.

Mum seemed happy this morning and I said I would call back later for the shopping list. Once we'd dropped off Dad's things we drove to Beckworth Emporium as I wanted to see if they were open... which they weren't. I was a bit surprised as Farndon Fields are open for people to shop (not the restaurant) and I would have thought with social distancing (how I hate that term!) they could have remained open.

It's been an utterly gorgeous day today and after being at home for a short while, we went and collected the shopping list from Mum's. There were a couple of nurses there and Mum was a bit upset again, asking if she could come and stay with us. I felt terrible when I said no, a decision backed up by the nurses who said it wasn't advisable at the moment with the pandemic. But I just knew it wouldn't work and although Mike is with Abbie at the moment, his bedroom is not really a suitable place for her. Plus, he may come back any day!

Keith and I went and did the shopping (he accompanied me which was great) and then took it back to Mum's before returning home for lunch. Sophie was digging about looking for all of our of receipts from our trip to California last year (how horrified we would have been if we'd known what was a ahead of us) and we realised we hadn't renewed her exemption certificate for her medication! I called the surgery and spoke to a very abrupt woman who stated that we couldn't come into the surgery (I realise that!) but she said she would leave a form at the pharmacy window for us to collect. I will never again take for granted just going into a building as normal!

Keith and I drove over, collected the form and then I had a shower. There are a host of property programmes on TV in the afternoon and I'm scared I'm getting into them more than I should!

When Sophie finished work we dropped the form back off at the doctor's surgery and then carried on into town to sneak a hello to Mike. We had a lovely chat and then it was home to prepare dinner and Sophie and I managed to catch half an hour of Bob Ross and his Joy of Painting, which was wonderful!

No comments: