Tuesday 19 May 2020

Just pottering...

Day 57

I spent this morning pottering about and touched up the banisters with some more white gloss paint. One area had blistered so Keith sanded it down and we applied a coat, but it will definitely need another one once it's dry.

It's been another gorgeous day with beautiful skies and warm temperatures. I sat in the garden with Keith for a little while and soaked up the warm sunshine and in the afternoon we called around to see Mum for a quick cup of tea. She was having her toenails painted by Binty, which was lovely! Mine need doing as well!

Back home I managed a nap on the sofa and before we started cooking the Jerk Chicken Sophie and I watched a television programme about a couple who had won $1 million and were looking for a new house in Florida. It was lovely to escape for a while and see which property they went for in the end!

The Jerk Chicken Pasta was a success and most of it disappeared, leaving just a small portion for lunch tomorrow. Keith didn't join us, making do with a sausage sandwich, which we thought was hilarious, but he really doesn't like the taste at all!

After eating we watched Educating Rita which Sophie said was sad. Yes, I agree it is, but it's also funny, very much like my other favourite film Shirley Valentine. Both were written by Willy Russell and they are in my top five films of all time. It was great to see it again and I loved the performances by Michael Caine and Julie Walters!


No comments: