Friday 15 May 2020

A hospital appointment.

Day 53

My Mum had an appointment at the hospital today for an MRI scan so I picked her up at 8.30am and off we went. The traffic has been noticeably busier on the roads lately, and today was no exception.

At the hospital, we parked easily and confronted the burly bouncer at the entrance who warned me I wouldn't be able to go into the Radiology department with her. That was fine with me, but I needed to get Mum there in the first place!

Before Mum could go into the department, her temperature was taken and she was told to wait. I was asked to take a seat outside and I heard a staff member tell Mum where to go. I waited for about half an hour watching people turn up for ultrasound, MRI, X-ray and CT scan appointments. They were all probed with the thermometer, which was a good thing!

After waiting a while I saw Mum coming out of the department but she hadn't been seen yet as she said nobody had called her. She was going to re-arrange! I told her that we weren't going to do that and I was allowed to go all the way to the MRI department where she was immediately called through.

It was a good job I had my Kindle with me as I waited for another thirty minutes or so until she came out to say the procedure had been done. We went home and Binty handed me a shopping list which I said I would get this afternoon.

Keith went with me in the afternoon and there was a long queue of people waiting to go in. I was on tenterhooks as we'd arranged a video chat with my Dad for 3pm but the queue moved quickly and it didn't take us long to get the bits we needed.

At Mum's house we put all the shopping away and then I waited to hear from the care home. Unfortunately, they were unable to arrange it for 3pm so Keith and I returned home where they said they would call at 4pm instead.

Again, it never happened so my Mum was a bit upset but she managed to speak to one of the staff there and they said we can go on Sunday to see him through a window. I just hope this works out!

Sophie didn't get home until 6pm this evening as she was late at work and then popped to Boots to get another hair colour - she wants to try again with the blonde over the weekend!

No comments: