Sunday 24 May 2020

A little walk.

Day 62

Sophie, Keith and I went over to Mum's this morning and while Keith went to Tesco (yet again!) we helped Mum colour her hair, bless her. Binty helped and after waiting the statutory twenty-five minutes she went and had a shower and came down very pleased with the results.

I also turned the outside tap back on for them so they could water the garden easily (there is no rain in the forecast for ages) and when Keith arrived back from shopping, we went home. We had no plans today but we did manage a walk in the afternoon, despite my foot still hurting a bit. Funnily, it hurt less after the walk, so I might venture out again every day like we had been doing! We walked through the sheep field and at first we thought that all the mums and their lambs had been moved out, but they had all congregated by the barns. Although one or two stared at us, chewing the cud, they didn't come anywhere near!

Before going home we went to see the horses and two of them came over for some patting. We didn't have any carrots with us, but they seemed content to let us stroke them, which was lovely.

I had a nap when I got back and while Sophie was chatting to Daisy and Laura on a video link, Keith and I played cards in the conservatory. I beat him at almost every game so he was mightily miffed! Afterwards, Sophie and I cooked dinner - breaded pork escalopes with new potatoes and vegetables. The meal was delicious.

It's our second May Bank Holiday tomorrow and we're planning on having another street "party" with our neighbours. The weather is set to be very good indeed!

No comments: