Friday 17 April 2020

Roasting on a Friday.

Day 25

Sophie was back at work in her office this morning so she left at 8.30am. Just as she drove down the road I had my Dad's carers on the phone about my Mum who wasn't at all well again. I went over to see her and she was looking very wobbly. She mentioned something about a prescription from the surgery so I popped to Mawsley and was able to collect it from the pharmacy, which was a relief.

When I took her medicines back I also collected some more ironing and some pillowcases that weren't dry. I have to admit that I'm really upset about my parents at the moment and this is turning out to be a very difficult time indeed. I am just glad that I'm not working as I dread to think what would happen if I could only sort things out in the afternoon for them.

Keith had been for a walk and was in good spirits so that was a relief! I ironed Mum's clothes and pillowcases and spent the rest of the day mooching about feeling a bit miserable. Keith and I decided to pop over to see my parents in the afternoon and I woke them from a nap. My Mum looked a lot better and the house was clean and tidy so maybe I was worrying too much this morning.

We took the scenic route home and marvelled at how beautiful the countryside is at the moment. Spring has really sprung and it's been another glorious day.

Back home I jumped in the bath and when Sophie returned it was wine time and an episode of 90 Day Fiance, while Keith cooked a roast chicken. It was unusual for us to have a dinner like that on a Friday (in normal times he'd be at the pub) but the chicken's use by date is tomorrow and we're planning a takeaway for a treat, so tonight was the night!

After dinner we had half an hour of bliss watching Gardener's World and then we caught up with the final of Masterchef. We were delighted to see Thomas win, even though I had predicted Sandy to take the crown!

No comments: