Thursday 16 April 2020

An encounter with a horse!

Day 24

It has been yet another gorgeous day today - very soon we'll start seeing reports in the news that there has been a drought! Just wait and see!

Keith and I popped over to Mum's house this morning and went to Mawsley on the way because we'd forgotten to buy stuffing and garlic bread in Tesco the other day. The shop was closed for replenishment and on the way back to the car I recognised the woman in the vehicle opposite - it was Angie who used to work for us as a chef when we had the children's play centre! I hadn't seen her for years! We had a long chat and caught up with what was happening in our lives, so that was really great! She is now living in Mawsley after splitting with her partner some years back, and told us she'd been living in Walgrave too! How we hadn't bumped into each other before now, I'll never know!

We decided to abandon shopping at Mawsley and took back Mum's ironing. She wasn't back to her proper self again and I urged her to go and have a lovely shower and relax for the rest of the day. Before heading home I queued up at the co-op in her village to get the bits we needed and I had to wait for a fair while outside as they were only allowing two people in at a time.

Back home I knuckled down and cleaned the house although, to be honest, it wasn't really that dirty! The bathroom needed a clean but I hoovered everywhere and also went outside in the garden to sort out the plants. The geraniums that I have kept over the winter have started to flower so I put them in the full sun, moving the pansies and violas to a more shaded part of the garden as they don't like the heat. Keith and I even sat outside for a good while and enjoyed the sunshine because it's been lovely and quiet around us today. It was great to feel the sun on our faces and Keith fell asleep when I left him out there!

After having a shower I fell asleep on the bed and Sophie woke me up when she finished work so we could go for a walk. I suggested going down to the village and we were surprised to see the horses by the gate. I couldn't resist stopping to say hello even though we had no food with us. One of them, a big bay, seemed to like being stroked and patted and I think she would have stood there all evening if I'd carried on! I would loved to have given her a good wash and a brush!

"Come back!"

We carried on down to the village and noticed that the sky had clouded over and the sun was quite hazy. We're due to get rain on Friday and Saturday which will be strange - it's been so long!

No comments: