Sunday 12 April 2020

A different kind of Easter...

Day 20

This morning was like a repeat of yesterday! Keith and Sophie went for a walk while I popped to get the Sunday newspapers and took Mum's laundry back. One of the senior carers was there and we had a chat before I went home and had breakfast in the conservatory with the papers.

Keith carried on with replacing the sealant this morning and I followed him, cleaning all the window frames and sweeping up all the old bits of sealant which were all over the floor. It was hot, messy work and I was glad when we'd finished. Keith then started to re-seal all the gaps and it looks so much better already!

It's been another gorgeous day today but we had weather warnings out for thunderstorms later in the day (we didn't get any). It was warm in the sun but the wind was starting to pick up and it's due to be a lot colder tomorrow as the wind changes direction.

Late in the afternoon Sophie and I popped to the co-op at Brixworth as we needed a few bits and the sky was looking very interesting, with towering storm clouds building up. I said it would be good to have a big storm but I wasn't holding out much hope!

In the evening we had cold turkey, salad and new potatoes for dinner, followed by Sophie's Tiramisu that she had made earlier in the day. It was absolutely delicious and any worries she had about soggy fingers were quickly dispelled!

Sophie and I stayed up late tonight to watch the hilarious A Fish Called Wanda and it was as great as I remembered!

No comments: