Friday 3 April 2020

A strange way of shopping!

Day 11

Sophie was at work today so she woke up a little later, which meant I had a lie-in as well! Keith had already gone to get our week's shopping at Aldi and Tesco so after waving goodbye to my daughter I watched Everyone Loves Raymond, which was light-hearted escapism for a little while!

By the time Keith returned with the shopping, I was showered and dressed and after putting everything away and having a quick breakfast, I drove over to Mum and Dad's to get their shopping list. I was really dreading going to Tesco for them, but after an initial queue which stretched the width of the car park, and then a single file shuffle through their homewares department, we were allowed to go our own way, albeit with the help of arrows on the floor. It was the strangest shopping trip I have ever been on!

As the time went on, it did become quite busy and it was almost impossible to keep two metres away from people. I think to do it properly Tesco would need to prevent too many people coming into the store.

However, I bought everything I needed, including some bird food for our feathered friends who are  busy building nests at the moment, ready for their babies. I took everything to Mum and Dad's and found both a carer there, and a district nurse, so they were certainly being looked after properly!

The rest of the day was taken up with running errands for Mum and Dad - going to the pharmacy and picking up some medication and talking to various nurses and carers on the phone, so the afternoon was very busy and our planned job of replacing the sealant in the conservatory had to be put off for another day.

Sophie came home from work and had had a really good day - much better than yesterday when she was struggling. Her manager had ordered pizza and had given her a gift bag for her birthday on Sunday so it was great to see her looking so cheerful again!

Mike also got in touch with us and has asked if he can come home tomorrow. We were initially reluctant, but as he's been spending the last two weeks in self-isolation, we thought it was safe. I have really missed him, to be honest, so it'll be nice to have my family all around me again!


No comments: