Monday 13 April 2020

A cold wind blows...

Day 21

We awoke to grey skies and a cold wind this morning - a bit of a change from yesterday! Keith carried on with the sealant in the conservatory while I ventured outside and tidied up all the branches we'd left lying in the gravel garden the other day. I think we now may have to get the garden waste collected every fortnight as we now have bags and boxes full of greenery and there is only so much I can put on the compost heap!

As well as tidying everything up I washed the double doors leading out to the garden but we'll leave the rest of the conservatory until the weather warms up later in the week.

Keith finished the sealant and it looks so much cleaner and brighter! He's done a fantastic job! We relaxed for a while and then had an early lunch of leftovers from last night. We'd been watching A Place in the Sun beforehand and with the continental meats we were eating it almost felt like we were in France, like the couple in the programme. How I wish! Outside the weather had improved and it was sunny and dry but the wind was still cold.

Sophie and I popped to see Mum in the afternoon and then it was home for Sophie to have a facetime session with her friend Laura. While they were chatting, Keith and I watched another Bond film - The Man with the Golden Gun - which was a bit cheesy but enjoyable nonetheless!

Sophie and Keith snacked on sandwiches for supper while I ate some of my chocolate egg as I was still full from lunch!

No comments: