Saturday 18 April 2020

A late meal!

Day 26

We awoke to rain and grey skies this morning and I can't believe that I'm actually saying it was a bit of a relief! The gardens certainly need a good downpour and that's what we had this morning!

I spent an enjoyable couple of hours watching Tom Kerridge cook in delightful places such as Florida and California and then the phone rang, which brought me right back down to earth. My Mum called to say she felt dreadful and really ill, but I was baffled as she looked and said she felt fine yesterday afternoon when I called in.

I suggested she call the carers for advice as she said she couldn't cope with looking after Dad even though she had refused respite care the other day. Perhaps it's time to look at other options, even if they're temporary as I am getting to dread mornings now and feel very anxious about getting a phone call from my Mum.

Keith and I spent the morning replacing all the sealant in the kitchen and I cleaned the cupboard doors and tiles. When Keith had finished everything looked so much cleaner! The rain abated by lunchtime and although we did see a patch of blue sky, it stayed mostly cloudy. I called my Mum in the afternoon and she seemed a little better but I think on Monday I'm going to have to make some phone calls and try and sort things out for both of them.

In the late afternoon I had another bath and then Keith, Sophie and I played cards in the conservatory. The sky was still grey and cloudy but the weather is set to improve tomorrow. We ordered an Indian takeaway from Mawsley and we were told it would be about an hour as they were very busy.

At 8pm it still hadn't been delivered and we were all starving! We watched an episode of Gordon, Gino and Fred: Road Trip and the threesome were in San Francisco and Napa. They went to the "fake" castle winery - Castello di Amorosa - that we visited very briefly on our wine tour (we drove into the car park!) and had a tour inside with a tasting. As there are so many lovely wineries to visit in the area we found this a bit surprising but I suppose it has novelty value!

Our meal finally arrived at 8.30pm, so two hours late and far later than I wanted to eat, but there you go. We munched on poppadoms and curries and it was great to not have to cook, but I think in the future we'll choose a less popular night to have a takeaway!

No comments: