Monday 6 April 2020

Here, there and everywhere!

Day 14

I woke early this morning and watched Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again as an alternative to the news! Last night Boris Johnson was admitted to hospital, which was a bit worrying. His symptoms seem to be continuing longer than expected and I did wonder whether his refusal to rest and recover had an impact?

The blue skies and sunshine had gone to be replaced by grey skies and rain, so Sophie decided not to have a run first thing. I had an appointment for a blood test at 9am so Keith came with me as we were going to go and do some shopping afterwards.

The surgery was very quiet but I was seen quickly and efficiently and within minutes we were driving towards Mawsley to pick up Mum's prescription from the pharmacy there. I will be mightily glad never to have to go there again! However, her medication wasn't ready so we went straight to her house and I picked up her bank card as she wanted some shopping. By now, the sun had come out and it was very pleasant indeed!

We drove to Aldi and Keith went in to do a shop which should last us all week. I sat in the car and read the paper while he was gone as I think only one person is now allowed in to do a shop. Crazy times! I still can't believe we are in this situation!

From Aldi we went to Tesco and it was my turn to go in. I queued up like I did the other day and the woman in front of me was not happy when she saw we had to queue around the homewares department! She stormed off saying she only needed a few things! I managed to get everything on my list for Mum and a few bits for Keith that he wasn't able to get in Aldi. We drove to Mum's, dropped off her shopping and went home to have lunch in the sunny conservatory.

We had one more trip to do - go back to the pharmacy and collect Mum's prescription, pop to the Co-op to get bread (we'd both forgotten it) and then it was finally home. Keith and I decided to watch Ant and Dec's last Saturday Night Takeaway which should have been coming from Florida - what a terrible shame.

Later in the afternoon I realised that today was the first day of what would have been the Easter holidays, and I thought back to all the time I'd spent inputting the crash courses and the holiday playscheme...Arrggghhh! What a phenomenal waste of time! I could have sat and cried!

Once Sophie had finished work at 5pm, we ventured out for a much-needed walk in the early evening sunshine. It was glorious. We walked up to the village and then through into one of the fields. Walking along the perimeter, we came to the gate and strolled through the sheep field, trying to be as quiet and careful as possible so as not to scare the animals. A couple of sturdy lambs spotted us and idled off, but most of them seemed unfazed by our appearance!





It was a really beautiful evening with a Florida sky again and a cool, gentle breeze. Once in the village we walked along to the single track road and then turned back, admiring the gorgeous purple Aubrieta as we walked.




We were out for about 50 minutes but it did us the world of good and we plan to do the same tomorrow night as well. We are giving up alcohol in the week so it's a perfect time to get out and enjoy some fresh air instead!






No comments: