Wednesday 8 April 2020

More garden chores...

Day 16

We were treated to another beautiful day today and although the sunshine was a bit hazy first thing, it soon cleared to a gorgeous Spring morning.

Sophie ran around the estate and had plenty of company this morning as other people were out jogging as well. I sat and watched The Good Karma Hospital - more escapism - and I really fancy going to India one day! I had the chance back in 1987 as I could have flown to Nepal via India but I went via Pakistan instead. The beach in the programme looks beautiful but I know the series was filmed in Sri Lanka. However, Goa appeals - who knows? I don't think for one minute I'll get Keith there, but one day I might get to visit!

While Sophie was working, I went out into the back garden and mowed the lawn. It was becoming very warm! Let's keep our fingers crossed this lovely weather continues! I tidied up the borders and then decided to cut down another bush in the gravel garden that was suffering. Half if it was completely dead, but new leaves were sprouting on some of the wood so I cut down most of it and I hope it continues to thrive. Keith came out with me and tackled some of the ivy, but I'm worried that the birds use it as a roost so I asked him to leave the rest until later in the year.

The gravel garden is a source of despair to us at the moment as we don't use the area at all and the "love-seat" at the bottom has suffered over the years and is gradually falling apart. Ideally I would like to have some old bricks put down as a patio and have lots of pots there, with a seating area and doors leading out from what is our study. I would keep the ivy which trails all over the fence just in case the birds do use it as a home!

By lunchtime, we had had enough as I had changed our bed earlier in the day and done loads of washing as well! I made soup and crusty rolls for lunch and then put the fresh bedding back on that had been drying out in the sunshine. It smelt lovely!

I was too tired for a walk this evening, and my foot was killing me, so I went and had a soak in the bath. Afterwards I changed into summer clothes which was great, but I'm not becoming complacent yet! There is still time for a change in the weather and frosts could still happen at this time of the year!

No comments: