Friday 12 April 2019

Thank goodness...it's Friday!

On Thursday we awoke to a very frosty morning and while Keith took Mike to work, I gave Sophie a lift over to Thrapston as she was meeting her manager there.

I just had time when I got home, to have a quick cup of coffee and make the bed and then it was time for work for me!

Work was OK and Sue made me laugh with some of the things she said, especially about a shocking programme she'd seen on TV with her husband! It's great to have a laugh in between the phone calls and it certainly makes the day go better!

At 3pm I went to get Mike from work while Keith went to get Sophie! It's been a gorgeous day today with clear blue skies and sunshine but it's still on the chilly side.

I gave Keith the day off on Friday and took Mike to work. When I finished at 2pm I popped to the nearby Tesco and before collecting my son I did some exploring and found a little country park nearby which was lovely and quiet. On Tuesdays I have about an hour to kill between finishing work and picking him up so this place will be ideal for me to sit and read (or study French as I've decided to try and polish up my language skills!).

However, when he got into the car he said that he wouldn't be based at Camp Hill any more and would be going to one of the parks in town. Typical! Just as long as it's not Irchester country park near Wellingborough! He was covered in grass today as he'd been strimming and smelt very green!

Sophie was home earlier than normal and we made cocktails and fish pie for dinner. Thank goodness it's Friday!


No comments: