Monday 15 April 2019

Back where we started!

We took Mike to Camp Hill this morning for what we hoped would be the last time, as next week the schools are back and there is one right next to where he works, that closes at 3.30pm. The traffic will no doubt be horrendous! It's difficult to wait outside the building for him so if he's based at a park, it might be a lot better...but then again, it might not! He doesn't seem to grasp the fact that his work impacts on my life now and he can be infuriatingly vague when it comes to getting information out of him!

Keith dropped me off at work and we had a busy morning answering hundreds of phone calls. Thank goodness this is the last week of the school holidays! I'd received a text from Mike to ask us to pick him up at Camp Hill as he hadn't been assigned a park yet...

At 2pm Keith collected me and we went to Tesco Mereway to do some shopping as it's easier going there than the notorious Weston Favell Centre!

We somehow managed to choose two meals for tonight and tomorrow and then Keith treated me to a coffee in Costa. I showed him the little country park where I could wait but we're still hoping Mike will be moved soon.

I cooked dinner tonight and it was delicious. We rubbed some olive oil, salt and pepper into some chicken drumsticks and roasted them in the oven with a tray of veggies. Delicious! Simple but very tasty!

No comments: