Wednesday 17 April 2019

Rattle, rattle!

Keith and I had to stay in this morning as Sophie had ordered some new noise cancelling ear buds and they were due to be delivered between 11am and midday. The weather was gorgeous and I spent time in the conservatory researching San Francisco's public transport system and booking tickets to Alcatraz. We weren't going to go but everyone I spoke to had had a great time so we're going on Monday 6 May, the day before we leave.

As soon as Sophie's parcel was delivered we went to see Mum and Dad, had a quick coffee with them and then popped to Tesco. I think fondly back to the days when we just used to go once a week! After getting diesel for my thirsty car, we headed home to put our purchases away and drove to Beckworth to look at their turkeys, as we were considering having a roast on Easter Sunday.

They had the same turkey crowns that we'd bought at Christmas, but as the weather is set to be sunny and warm we decided not to...it would be great to have a barbecue!

After Beckworth we went to Jones's where I spent more than I had intended to, before going to get Mike from work. Keith kept hearing an irritating rattling coming from the back of my car so we pulled into a small car park and did some investigation. We think it was the screen that goes over the boot as it disappeared after we'd taken it out and put it back again! I had the rear shock absorbers sorted out a few weeks ago but the banging noise is still there and I suspect it's something to do with the suspension. It's definitely worse when the weather is dry!

No comments: