Sunday 21 April 2019

A bit of a tidy up!

I had a long, leisurely start to my Sunday which was bliss! Mid-morning we went to see my Mum and Dad and took Sophie and Mike with us, as my parents wanted some furniture moving. Mike and Keith did it with ease and then re-hung the Big Sur picture on the wall at the top of the stairs. It looks so much better there.

We enjoyed a coffee and a biscuit and then we left to drop Mike off at home and continue down to Abington Park as Mike is starting there on Tuesday morning. As expected the park was heaving with people all out enjoying the warm temperatures and sunshine. The ice-cream vans were doing a roaring trade!

Keith and Sophie went off to look for any sign of the company Mike works for while I waited on tenterhooks on a double yellow line!

Back home I decided to cut the grass and tidy up the garden while Sophie went for a quick swim. I mowed the long grass in the lawn and strimmed the edges before digging over the borders. It looked lovely when I'd finished but next year I'm determined to have some Spring flowers to give the garden some colour.

Next door also decided to go to do some gardening and the noise of their strimmer was unbelievable. It does bring it home to me that summer can be noisy, especially with children playing football and the noise of garden machines!

Sophie and I opened a bottle of sparkling wine in the evening and sat relaxing in the garden, which was now thankfully very quiet! We enjoyed quiche and salad for dinner and watched a couple of episodes of The Widow after we'd eaten. I'm back at work tomorrow!

No comments: