Tuesday 30 April 2019

A darker shade of pale...

It was back to normal hours this morning and a wake-up call at 6am. Keith and I took Mike to work and I went in at 7.30am to try and get a head start on the admin jobs. I was working with Jo today and the shift passed very pleasantly, enlivened with cakes as it was Nicola's birthday yesterday.

Keith picked me up at 2pm and it was strange saying goodbye to my colleagues and walking out. It was quite sultry outside and we headed to Jones's where I bought some toiletries and batteries for my camera.

As we were early for Mike we parked the car and had a walk around the park. A lot of people were out enjoying the sunshine and the cafe nearby was packed. It was very pleasant walking around in the sunshine and admiring the gorgeous trees, especially a couple of huge Copper Beeches.




As the time was getting on we headed back to where I'd parked the car and had a pleasant conversation with a man who had a very boisterous dog! Mike appeared a few minutes later and we headed home to do some more preparation for the holiday. It is looming large on the horizon!

Sophie and I went down to Virgin at 6.30pm as she had an appointment for a spray tan, while I was being more modest and going for a quick eyebrow shape. She went in before me and while she was showering off the exfoliating cream, I had my eyebrows down.

When Sophie came out she was a dark shade of mahogany...and I mean, dark! I couldn't get over the colour of her legs! It didn't look like her!!

We headed home and Keith made me a nice G&T while we heated up some soup for a light supper. We watched the last episode of The Widow tonight and the ending didn't disappoint!

2 comments:

WendyAnne said...

Love Abington Park Janie,used to love the small boating lake and the paddle boats,not sure if they are still there as haven’t been there for a number of years.Also loved the aviaries with the peacocks and other exotic birds.Enjoy your holiday and have a safe journey...Wendyx

Janie said...

Hello Wendy! I think the aviaries are still there, next to the museum? Many thanks for your best wishes and I'm really looking forward to sharing our holiday with you all! Janie xx