Wednesday 3 April 2019

A gossipy afternoon!

I was up early with Sophie this morning and when she went off to the gym I enjoyed a coffee and eased myself slowly into the day!

Keith and I went over to my Mum and Dad's house first thing and gave them the spare set of keys to the house as they're looking after Monty while we're in France on Friday and Saturday. The living room was looking lovely but Mum said her furniture no longer matched anything in there so I suggested she try and sell it on eBay, perhaps. It would be such a shame to just get rid of it.

After we'd had a coffee with them, we popped to Tesco and decided to have an easy dinner tonight - breaded chicken escalopes with mashed potatoes, and we bought Sophie vegetarian versions. I also bought Sophie's card from Mike and two presents - a bottle of Tequila and one of Cointreau - so she can make cocktails when we return from our break!

Back home I kept an eye on Monty as he seems to be a bit unwell at the moment. He doesn't want to move and hasn't eaten anything which is very unusual for him indeed, as he is very fond of his food!

We had lunch and I pottered about and did some worrying about why we hadn't heard from our Airbnb host. We needed to know how to get into our apartment so I sent him a message about the arrangements. Normally, whenever we've rented a villa abroad, there's normally a key box with a code you get sent before you arrive and I'd hoped it would be the case this time!

At about 3pm I walked up to Michelle's house as I'd been invited for a cup of tea with her and Sue who was coming around. Sue was already there and it did feel a bit awkward at first as it was the first time I'd seen her since she'd left Paul.

Michelle went to get me a cup of tea and a scone and when she came back we sat and talked to Sue who was happy to answer our (many) questions. Sue said she'd known her new partner since school and had always held a torch for him over the years. She seemed very happy and we both agreed that she was brave to live with him straight away. We chatted for about an hour and then Sue left while I had another cup of tea with Michelle and we chatted some more. Sophie texted me to say she was leaving work and could she pop around as well, so we ended up having a long afternoon and didn't leave until almost 7pm! Hector and Lily were in and out and were great fun so it was a lovely afternoon and it was very interesting to hear Sue's side of the story.

Back home we cooked dinner and looked forward to getting up for work for just one more day before our little break on Friday!

No comments: