Tuesday 9 April 2019

A new work routine.

So, we were all up this morning at 6am, for the start of a new regime. I went straight into the shower, which is something I don't do very often, much preferring to have a coffee first! Sophie left at 6.30am for her regular gym visit and the rest of us followed at 6.45am, as we weren't sure what the traffic would be like and Mike's new place of work is on the far side of town.

We made it easily by his start time of 7.30am so that left us a good 45 minutes before I started work at 8am. I have no idea what we'd have done if Mike was starting at 8am as well!

Before I went into work we called into the garage and we got some diesel for my car and then I went in early as I had some jobs to catch up with. I was working with Jo today and at 9am we had to go to a presentation by one of the managers about how the business was doing in the face of some tough competition from a number of budget gyms that were opening nearby.

The time went very fast and at 2pm Keith picked me up. As we had some shopping to do we decided to go to the Tesco at Hunsbury as it was near to where Mike was. The only problem was that we couldn't find anything!

Waiting for Mike was a bit of a pain, to be honest. The golf club it is not! There, I used to love watching the squirrels and the crows but the area around Mike's place of work is not the nicest of neighbourhoods and there were yellow lines everywhere. We saw him with a fearsome looking lawn mower and he was dressed up in his new uniform...


When he got into the car he was also wearing heavy black boots that can't have been cheap! It's surprising that they kitted him out so soon in all his new stuff!

He seemed to have enjoyed his first day, though, with a lot of the time taken up with an induction. We're just keeping our fingers crossed he settles down now and gets on with it!


No comments: